What is Futurework?
Futurework is a commercial venture of Gateshead College and we have been providing professional services to Academies and schools since 2012.
We specialise in work placement vetting for work experience so learners are placed in a safe and healthy working environment. No learner within Gateshead College and the schools/academies we work with should be going out on placement without a valid Health and Safety Assessment. This is also including Apprenticeship Programmes.
Learning within the workplace is a vital part of a person’s development. It is an excellent opportunity to develop skills within a working environment and put things into practice.
What do we offer?
We provide work placement vetting and appropriate insurance checks in line with current guidelines to ensure learning takes place in a healthy, safe and supportive environment
- £25 per assessment
- No late fees
- Insurance check updates
- Long distance vets at a set price
- In some circumstances there is no charge for vets (please ask us for more details)
- Work placement vets on average are completed within 4 to 7 days
- Provide and maintain a work placement database. We offer free training to your staff on its use. The work placement database currently has over 10,000 employers. The system has an easy-to-use geographical and sector search function.
- Learner-focused flexible service
What does our check include?
- Insurance checks – Employers/ Public liability
- General management of Health and Safety
- Safety policies and risk assessments
- Supervision, Training and Induction
- Work Equipment
- Working Environment and Welfare
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Accident and Disease Report/ First Aid arrangements
- Fire and Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Child Protection
- Development Plan
- Provider Agreement
We have a small team who work together and have specialist knowledge in Health and Safety all of which are NEBOSH qualified and carry excellent skills and knowledge in regards to work experience placement and apprenticeship programmes.
||Professional Service Advisor
||0191 426 4330
||0191 490 2348
||0191 490 2273
||Health and Safety Manager
||0191 490 2230
||Health and Safety Advisor
||0191 490 2426
||Workplace Vetting Officer
||0191 490 2426
We work closely with schools all over the Gateshead area spreading to Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Northumberland, North Tyneside/South Tyneside and Berwick aiming to reach further.
We are here to support the schools in placing learners onto work experience placements ensuring the correct checks are put in place before the learner can attend. We provide support and guidance for our CRM system and work together in regards to payments, admin and running reports on planned placements.
Within the college it is an essential part of every student’s course to attend work experience as part of their course programme to achieve the Employment Edge which is one of our college’s greater values we work towards. We also have learners going out on Apprenticeship Programmes and we have a brilliant Business Development Team with staff specialised in different areas to give you the best customer experience and ensuring we have the learner on the correct programme to achieve their future aspirations.
Gateshead College can also provide training tailored to your needs. We can offer Health & Safety Training, Fire Safety Training, IT training and many other areas of work based training, please contact us for more information.