Careers advice that's worth having
Planning your next move after GCSEs can be worrying. Here at Gateshead College, we want to help you make sense of your options so you can reach a decision that’s right for you.
We’re here to help you understand your apprenticeships from your traineeships and your A Levels from your vocational qualifications.
We're ready to help
If you’re unsure of your options after GCSEs then come along to our next Career Choice event. Hear from our experts and get the information you need to make a decision that’s right for you.
Alternatively, call 0191 490 2216, email firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in and see us at Baltic Campus.
We’ll also be on hand to offer free and impartial advice at our enrolment events.
“The support I have received from Ashleigh and Gemma in the careers service has been amazing. I cannot thank them enough. From my UCAS personal statement to then me changing my ideas on a different career, they have been so supportive and made sure I was making the correct decision.”
Before you join us.
There are so many different options after GCSEs it can be hard to understand which route is right for you.
We’re here to help you make sense of it all. Understand you your apprenticeships from your traineeships and your A Levels from your vocational qualifications.
We also run Career Choice events – come and hear first-hand what apprenticeships, A Levels and vocational qualifications are all about. You can talk to our teaching staff and careers team 1:1 on the night too. Parents and friends are welcome to come along. Sign up for event reminders so you don’t miss out!
Once you join us.
Once you’re studying with us, we’ll not just walk away. We’ll continue to provide you with free, independent and quality careers advice. We’ll work with you to create a career plan, outlining your goals and get you on the road to your chosen career, whether this is helping you find courses, brush up on your interview skills, find experience and make you stand out from the crowd.
We’ll help you:
- Feel more confident and ready for interviews if you decide on employment after college
- Create a personalised career action plan for you when you start college and review this throughout your time at college
- Give you the employment edge by getting you work-ready through confidence building, mock interviews, work experience and contact with employers
- Host a variety of careers events, workshops and advice sessions all year round
- Understand UCAS and complete your UCAS statement if higher education is for you
- Write a polished CV that helps you stand out from the crowd
- Have the most up to date information available for you in our Careers Centre
- Give you access to our JobLab website – a portal to apprenticeship vacancies and permanent jobs, as well as many other tools including how to write a great CV, preparing for interviews and looking for volunteering and un-paid work to boost your CV.
Looking for more information?
Here are a few websites where you can find more information about your options after school and careers advice.