Catering and Hospitality
For more information come along to an Enrolment Event.
We offer beginner (Level 1), intermediate (Level 2) and advanced (Level 3) courses.
Choosing to study hospitality at Gateshead College means that you’ll study at our Baltic Campus which is home to some of the best educational facilities in the UK and incorporates industry standard training kitchens.
If you are studying a hospitality course you will train in our two on site restaurants, Greenhouse Brasserie and Enfields.
Our Employment Edge
- We bring successful business people into college to mentor our students, developing essential employability skills.
- We offer excellent work placement opportunities.
- We have a dedicated team of independent careers advisers.
- You’ll train in our two on site restaurants; Greenhouse Brasserie and Enfields.
- We have a great partnership with the 21 Hospitality Group, a collection of the North East’s most highly regarded pubs and restaurants.
- You’ll take part in practical projects. Past projects have included taking over the Marriott Hotel, organising black tie dinners and the college’s Student Awards event and a food enterprise business, Gastronomy 101.
- Some of our former students have gone on to work for the finest luxury hotel in London, The Ritz.
- Our courses include front of house skills, so you’ll have a broad skill set making you more employable.
We’ve just been named the best college in the North East, the third best in the whole country and been awarded Outstanding by Ofsted.
Why? Because we put everything we’ve got into making sure our students succeed.