Sport Level 2
Mon Sep 04 2023
Day / Time
Contact for information
This course is designed to provide you with knowledge on a range of sports subjects and you'll also have the opportunity to develop your understanding on different career opportunities within the sport industry.
You will study a wide range of modules on this course which include:
- Participating in sport
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Introduction to healthy exercise and nutrition
- Sports coaching
- Physical fitness and injuries in sport
- Performance analysis for sport
- Work experience in the sports industry
You will also study towards an English or maths GCSE alongside your sport course with our expert English and maths teaching team and you will take part in Personal and Social Development lessons with topics ranging from job applications to personal finance.
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our eight sport academies, where you will get:
- Up to 4.5 hours of professional training each week, access to competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
- Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment*
- The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
- A personalised training and development programme
Our eight specialist academies are:
- Men's Football
- Men's Rugby
- Women's Football
- Women’s Rugby
They all offer outstanding, training, coaching and playing opportunities for everyone of all abilities.
*subject to screening process
The course will be assessed internally through a range of different assessments and assignments which will be graded Pass, Merit or Distinction. You will be expected to take an active part in practical activities and group work and produce presentations to achieve this qualification.
At the Academy for Sport, we have over 25 sport delivery staff including teachers, coaches and learning facilitators all ready to support your learning journey.
Each member of the team has their own specialist subjects that they will be teaching you, for example we have specialists in Anatomy, Massage, Coaching, Sports Development, PE and School Sport, Leadership, Event Management, Psychology, Biomechanics, Nutrition and much more. They all have up to date industry experience to share with you and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be.
Work experience is an integral element of the course where you'll gain experience in a work environment. We'll support you in securing a relevant and meaningful work placement which is aligned to your career aspirations.
You'll study at our Academy for Sport, where our facilities are among the best in the country and include:
- Classrooms equipped with integrated IT
- Sports science and sports therapy facilities
- Performance lab
- 3G and 4G pitches
- Indoor athletics track
- Sports hall
- Strength and conditioning gym
- Massage suite
- Aerobics suite
- Boxing ring
Three GCSEs at grade 3 or above.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
For one to one advice, contact our friendly team who will assess your individual circumstances and give you the right information. You can contact them on 0191 490 2246, email@example.com or via Live Chat. Or pop along to one of our Enrolment Events.
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications