Personal Training for Health, Fitness and Performance Level 3
Mon Sep 04 2023
Day / Time
If you're already a qualified fitness instructor, this course will help you develop the skills, knowledge and competence required in order to work unsupervised as a personal trainer.
This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop their understanding of anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Understand the roles and career pathways available in active leisure.
- Be able to plan and instruct safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
- Be able to deliver safe and effective personal training sessions.
- Be able to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Be able to manage their personal and professional development.
- Be able to develop enterprise skills.
- Be able to market and sell products and services.
- Understand how technology is used within physical activity, fitness, sport and exercise.
- You will take part in Personal and Social Development lessons with topics ranging from job applications to personal finance.
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our eight sport academies, where you will get:
- Up to 4.5 hours of professional training each week, access to competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
- Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment*
- The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
- A personalised training and development programme
Our eight specialist academies are:
- Men's Football
- Men's Rugby
- Women's Football
- Women’s Rugby
They all offer outstanding, training, coaching and playing opportunities for everyone of all abilities.
If you do not wish to join one of our academies, you will undertake an employment related project designed to develop further your employability skills.
Within this qualification there are a number of assessments. One will be multiple-choice theory exams which will be externally set and marked and sat under invigilated conditions.
In addition to the knowledge-based assessment, there are a number of smaller practical assessments which reflect the processes, techniques, skills and industry requirements of a fitness instructor and personal trainer. These assessments help prepare you for employment in these job roles.
Lastly, there is an externally set and marked video analysis of a client consultation and personal training session.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
For one to one advice, contact our friendly team who will assess your individual circumstances and give you the right information. You can contact them on 0191 490 2246, email@example.com< or via Live Chat. Or pop along to one of our Enrolment Events.
At the Academy for Sport, we have over 25 sport delivery staff including teachers, coaches and learning facilitators all ready to support your learning journey.
Each member of the team has their own specialist subjects that they will be teaching you, for example we have specialists in Anatomy, Massage, Coaching, Sports Development, PE and School Sport, Leadership, Event Management, Psychology, Biomechanics, Nutrition and much more. They all have up to date industry experience to share with you and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be.
You'll study at our Academy for Sport, where our facilities are among the best in the country and include:
- Classrooms equipped with integrated IT
- Sports science and sports therapy facilities
- Performance lab
- 3G and 4G pitches
- Indoor athletics track
- Sports hall
- Strength and conditioning gym
- Massage suite
- Aerobics suite
- Boxing ring
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications