Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Wednesdays 5.30pm to 9pm
This course is for you if you are currently working as a sports massage professional and would like to expand your knowledge and understanding. The course is designed to further develop your practical skill and the confidence to work with a range of clients and working with clients to support soft tissue repair.
- Learners must hold the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent.
- There is an element of communication involved (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 3.
- Performing sports massage is a physical activity and learners will need to be fit enough to carry this out.
The course content for this course is:
- Understanding the clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning.
- Conducting objective physical assessments.
- Understanding the purpose of neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques in sports massage and the skills to be able to apply effective neuromuscular and tissue mobilisation techniques.
- Utilising soft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients.
- Understand treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
The units taught and assessed on this course are:
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue
Academy for Sport is home to Gateshead College's sports students and prestigious sports academies who train alongside elite athletes who use the facility.
The state-of-the-art academy offers:
• Classrooms equipped with integrated IT
• Sports science and sports therapy facilities
• Performance lab
• Aerobics studio
• Combat studio
• Learning resource centre
• Student run fitness suite
• 83m long athletics hall
• Outdoor artificial and grass pitches floodlit throwing area
You can apply for an Adult Advanced Learner Loan to cover the costs of this course. A low interest loan with no upfront fees that you pay back in installments.
For more information or advice, contact our finance support services on 0191 490 4627 or 0191 426 4329. Our support funds team can also be emailed at email@example.com
Please note; we release the full details of our Part Time courses around April. Until then all details of this and our other Part Time courses are subject to change.
To find out more please join our mailing list by selecting the Enquire Now button on this page and we will keep you up to date.