Level 3 Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Skills Academy - Automotive
This course will help you to develop the skills you need to work in today’s motor vehicle repair industry as a mechanical technician.
As a mechanical technician, your duties could include:
• Identifying faults
• Advising customers if repairs are needed and how critical they are
• Providing time and cost estimates for jobs
• Carrying out repairs and replacing damaged parts
• Road testing the vehicle to check the repair work
• MOT and pre-delivery inspection of vehicles
• Carrying out routine servicing and checks.
In additon to the core content of this course, you 'll also learn about electric and hybrid vehicles and air conditioning, giving you extra skills to add to your CV, making you more desirable to prospective employers.
The course content also forms part of the Maintenance and Repair
Apprenticeship, meaning if you were to you progress to an apprenticeship
you'll already have studied a year's worth of content, making you ahead of
the game compared to other candidates.
You will be training in our fantastic training workshops fully equipped with
industry standard resources. This is a hands-on course with a focus on practical
activities and we maximise the amount of time you will spend in our
Core modules will include:
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
• Knowledge of Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
• Knowledge of Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
Specialist modules will include:
• Diagnosis and rectification of auxiliary electrical faults
• Diagnosis and rectification of vehicle engine faults
• Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis systems
• Diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline
The units covered directly link to the current apprenticeship standards to providing students with the knowledge and skills required to progress, and be a successful contributor to an employer’s business.
You will also attend Maths and English sessions and have the opportunity to improve your GCSE grades and gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage giving you every opportunity to progress you career within automotive.
Throughout this course we'll make sure you develop the skills and knowledge employers in the automotive industry are looking for. If you aim to progress to an apprenticeship, we'll help you to look for a vacancy and support you through the interview process.
There will be an additional cost of £26.50 for safety boots and coveralls.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490
2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications