Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
This course is for you if you're looking for a career working as a sports massage therapist in private practice, health and fitness centres or sports clubs. The course is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to be able to work in a range of settings and the confidence to work as a professional sports massage practitioner.
You should have a good knowledge of anatomy, physiology and in interest in sport. It would be an advantage to have a prior massage qualification.
Course content includes:
- Practical application of advanced massage techniques
- Practical application of remedial massage techniques
- Related anatomy and physiology
- Case studies
- Assignment work
You will complete the following units as part of your assessment:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Sports massage treatments
You don't need any specific entry requirements however prior knowledge about anatomy would be useful and a previous massage qualification would be even better.
An interview is also required to discuss suitability for the course.
Please note; we release the full details of our Part Time courses around April. Until then all details of this and our other Part Time courses are subject to change.
To find out more please join our mailing list by selecting the Enquire Now button on this page and we will keep you up to date.