Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying (Construction)
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Skills Academy for Construction
This qualification will help you to build the fundamental and transferable practical skills needed to for a job as a bricklayer. It can be taken as part of an apprenticeship, if you have or can find a suitable apprenticship employer.
You'll study the following:
- Trowel Occupations
- Bricklaying: Mandatory units Analysing technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Repair and maintain masonry structure
And two units from the below:
- Construct chimneys and fireplace structures
- Construct complex masonry structures
- Construct decorative features
Health and Safety Awareness
You'll need a minimum level of health, safety and environmental awareness before going on a construction site. We'll help you become job ready by paying for you to complete the CITB Health, safety & environment (HS&E) test. We’ll also help you apply for a Construction Skills Certification (CSCS) Card, which is a requirement for all workers and trainees no matter your job role.
This course is
free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you
can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and
qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at