Level 3 BTEC Sports & Exercise Science
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Academy for Sport
You'll study at our outstanding Academy for Sport, just next to Gateshead International Stadium where you'll have access to some of the best sport facilities in the region including an indoor track, sports science lab, a strength and conditioning gym and an environmental chamber and performance analysis equipment that are more commonly seen at universities.
The outstanding level of facilities at the site is why the South African rugby team chose to train at the facility during the recent World Cup and it is also why Newcastle Falcons RFU conduct their preseason testing with us.
This course is equivalent to one A Level subject.
The course is a mixture of academic and practically delivered lessons to allow you to be able to gain an outstanding understanding of the factors that affect participation in physical activity and sport. The course looks at the six key topic areas that impact participation levels and how it effects practical performance.
There are three mandatory units and a choice will be made for the fourth unit based on students feedback.
The units are:
- Functional Anatomy
- Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Coaching for Performance and Fitness
The fourth unit will be chosen from:
- Biomechanics in Sport and Exercise Science
- Specialised Fitness Training
- Physical Activity for Individual and
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications