Level 2 Make-up Artistry
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Contact for information
This course is ideal if you're keen to start to build the skills and knowledge you need to become a professional make-up artist. Covering a wide range of skills, you'll train with our professional salon team and be based in our commericial salon Botanica, working on paying clients and your fellow students.
Through our network of employer partners such as Hilton NewcastleGateshead, City Retreat and Eve Taylor London, you'll understand what it takes to be successful in this fast-paced, competitive industry and take part in exciting work placements.
You'l study the following units:
- Principles of working in the make-up industry, (health and safety, working with others, legislations and contra-indications)
- Anatomy and physiology for make-up artists, (skin, bones, muscles and hair)
- Principles of researching, developing and showcasing designs, (researching, creating mood boards, look books, portfolios)
- The art of applying make-up, (natural, day make-up, evening, bridal, prom, day at the races, researching and creating make-up from eras 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1990s)
- Hair artistry, (bridal, day at the races, prom, wedding guest, and all era’s as in make-up)
- Creative make-up artistry, (face and body painting, cuts and bruises
Throughout the course, we'll monitor your progress and provide constructive feedback to help you to improve where needed. We'll measure your skills and knowledge against nationally recognised standards specific to the beauty sector. We assess you in a range of ways including practical tasks in our salon Botanica, projects from which you'll create a portfolio of evidence written coursework and assignments and one end of year exam.
Final assessments will be carried out by an external representitive from the awarding body.
All practical sessions are taught in our on site commercial salon Botanica which houses two hairdressing salons, a beauty suite, barbering space, nail bars and dedicated make-up suite.
You'll use a professional make-up kit to work on paying customers and fellow students.
After the course you can progress onto our Level 3 in Media Make-up Artistry, secure an apprenticeship or step into employment.
Fast track to an apprenticeship
You can start on this programme and fast track to an apprenticeship once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available. Sign up to our apprenticeship alerts and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest vacancies. Plus our team will help you with your CV or application and help you prepare for interview.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications