Level 1 Certificate in Sport
Tue Sep 08 2020
Day / Time
Academy for Sport
This course is perfect for you if you want to start a career in the sport and active leisure industry. You’ll study all aspects of how and where to participate in sport, look at improving fitness, healthy lifestyle, sport in the workplace and working safely. We’ll help you to develop the skills that show your potential to an employer. This includes how you can use your knowledge to best effect, that you have the right attitude, high standards and will be a great asset to their business.
As part of this qualification you will study the following units:
- Taking part in sport - Leading others - Personal exercise and fitness - Effect of exercise on human body systems - Developing sports volunteering skills - Assist at a sports event
- You will also study towards an English and maths GCSE/Functional skills qualification alongside the sport course with our expert teaching team.
- All students also take part in Personal and Social development lessons with topics ranging from job applications to personal finance.
You will have the opportunity to join of one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
- Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
- Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
- The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
- A personalised training and development programme
Academy sports available are: mens football, womens football, mens rugby, womens rugby, netball, basketball, boxing, athletics and cricket and all academies can cater from participation level right up to elite athletes.
All academy members will be given free Adidas kit worth £79. If you do not wish to join one of our academies, you will undertake an employment related project designed to develop further your employability skills.
Throughout the course, we'll monitor your progress and provide constructive feedback to help you to improve where needed.
We'll measure your skills and knowledge against nationally recognised standards specific to the sport sector.
We assess you in a range of ways including projects from which you'll create a portfolio of evidence and practical tasks such as taking part in sports, fitness tests, volunteering and assisting at a sports event.
There is an expectation that you will complete a relevant and meaningful 30 hour work experience placement or participate in work readiness activities as part of this qualification.
You will be supported with a dedicated career coach, who will work with you to find a suitable placement.
• Classrooms equipped with integrated IT
• Sports science and sports therapy facilities
• Performance lab
• Aerobics studio
• Combat studio
• Learning resource centre
• Student run fitness suite
• 83m long athletics hall
• Outdoor artificial and grass pitches floodlit throwing area
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at email@example.com
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications