Level 1 Carpentry & Joinery
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
Skills Academy for Construction
This course will help you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to prepare you for a job or an apprenticeship. It also contains lots of added extras such as English and maths training, relevant work experience and health and safety training. To be able to work on a construction site, you'll need essential health, safety and environmental awareness skills and knowledge. We'll help you get these, meaning you can go on work placements and are one step closer to securing employment or an apprenticeship.
The course is made up of the following units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others.
- Your progress will be monitored through a series of short on-line tests, regular practical assessments and an extensive skills test at the end of the course.
Maths and English
You will also attend maths and English sessions and have the opportunity
to improve your GCSE grades if you need to.
Our industry partners include Tolent, Sir Robert McAlpine, Ryder and Bellway, ensuring that our course content is always up to date and relevant to today's construction industry and that our work placement opportunities are with some of the best employers in our region.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490
2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications