Gateshead Football Club Academy Level 3
Mon Sep 04 2023
Day / Time
Will you be 18 at the start of next academic year? Are you a good quality footballer who wants another shot at a pro career? If you have answered yes to these questions, then this could be a great programme for you.
You will be a member of the Gateshead FC U19's squad and receive intensive coaching, conditioning and analysis during this year long programme.
Alongside this, you will learn how a successful sports club functions and be able to try out various roles across the business with work placement activities.
The programme is made up three elements:
- A Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sports Coaching and Development
- You will undergo daily football training sessions, a weekly matchday, two strength and conditioning sessions and a match analysis session per week. Matches take place on Wednesday afternoons and you will play as Gateshead FC U19 team.
- You will undertake work experience with Gateshead FC in order to understand all the different elements of running a successful sports business.
You’ll be trained and guided by the professionals at Gateshead Football Club and the expert teaching and coaching team at our Academy for Sport.
This course is designed to give you the opportunity at making it as a pro footballer. You can follow in the footsteps of John Mellish (now at Carlisle United), Tom White (now at Blackburn Rovers) and Elliot Forbes in being rewarded with a pro contract at Gateshead FC following your year in the reserves.
Applications for this programme are by invite only
You will need to be selected by Gateshead FC coaching staff following a series of trial events. You will need to a grade 4 or better in GCSE English and GCSE Maths to be able to enrol on this programme and be part of the Gateshead reserve team.
You must be 18 at the start of the academic year to be eligible for this course.
If you are under 18 or 19+ please see our other Sport courses which are also heavily linked to Gateshead FC Academy.
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
For one to one advice, contact our friendly team who will assess your individual circumstances and give you the right information. You can contact them on 0191 490 2246, email@example.com or via Live Chat. Or pop along to one of our Enrolment Events.
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications