First Extended Certificate in Health & Social Care Level 2
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
This dynamic course is an ideal starting point for many careers in health and social care. It will give you a good foundation understanding of creative and therapeutic activities, safeguarding, duty of care, health and safety, promoting health and effective communication.
You'll learn from our team of experts in the classroom and have the
opportunity to put your theory into practice on work
placements, fundraising and volunteering
On the course, you'll study:
- Unit 1 Human Lifespan Development – We will learn about the developmental process from birth to death. We will look at how the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development interlink and change through the life process
- Unit 2 Care Values – this is an exciting unit with practical elements and
will encourage you to consider the importance of providing individualized care
and empowering service users.
It will encourage learners to promote individualised care and
- Unit 3 Effective Communication – communication is the most important element of health & social care and we explore our own communication strengths and weaknesses and support us to be able to communicate with all vulnerable individuals.
- Unit 4 Social Influences– here we will introduce you to sociology and the impact which society has on care and support.
- Unit 5 Promoting Health – this exciting unit develops your understating of how we promote health and public health. We will learn about the history of public health and how the NHS was founded as well as investigating health campaigns
- Unit 9 Healthy Living – you will gain an insight into healthy and non-healthy life style choices. You will explore concepts around nutrition, sexual health and the impact of substance abuse
- Unit 10 Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders – you will have the opportunity to demonstrate how much you understand about the human body and how to support individuals who are ill through a series of interactive wall displays
- Unit 11 Services in Health and Social Care – you will explore how multi-disciplinary teams and agencies are involved providing care and will open your eyes to the potential career opportunities involved in care
- Unit 12 Creative and Therapeutic Activities – this is an exciting unit where you can put your creative skills into practice in designing an activity to improve the health and mindset of individuals in your placement setting
- Unit 13 The Health and Social Care Sector – this is our amazing work
placement unit where you will reflect on your practical experiences and plan
your development for the future.
We'll track your progress as you move through the course, giving you feedback to help you to improve and build your confidence.
We'll assess you through a combination of exams and assignments, with
support all along the way.
Here's what some of our students had to say about their time on this course:
“It is amazing and exhausting but I wouldn’t change it for the world!”
“It has opened my mind to the opportunities out there for me and helped me to find what I want to do”
“The experience I have had so far is amazing and the support is overwhelming”
“It is very educational and has opened new doors for me. I have improved my confidence and skills”
“Everyone is a family, happy thoughts, happy minds”
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490 2246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications