City & Guilds MMA Welding
Day / Time
Tuesdays 5.30pm to 8.30pm
Contact for information
Skills Academy - Automotive
This level 1 award in Manual Metal Arc (MMA) has been specifically designed to give introductry skills to those interested in starting a career in the welding and engineering sector.
You'll learn via a blend of theory and practical based sessions with a large proportion of the delivery taking place in the welding workshops to develop your practical skills.
Course content includes:
- Full health and safety induction
- Theory workshops on health and safety and welding processes and techniques
- Practical assessment 1 - Produce beads on plate in a PA flat position
- Practical assessment 2 - Produce a lap fillet weld in a PB horizontal/vertical position
- Practical assessment 3 - Produce a tee fillet weld in the PA flat position
- Practical assessment 4 - Produce a tee fillet weld in the PB horizontal/vertical position
- Practical assessment 5 - Produce a corner weld in the PA flat position
- Knowledge assessment 6 - Understand and explain the process and health & safety requirements for Manual Metal Arc (MMA) welding.
assessment tasks and feedback to help you be as prepared as possible.
We are a friendly, highly motivated and positive teaching and team who will work with you throughout the course to help you to build the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to be successful and to pass the assessments. With years of experience under our belts, we're able to make all learning practical and relevant to today's industry, making sure you leave us with the skills employers expect.
Our welding and engineering workshops are based at the Skills Academy for Automotive, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics and include 16 fully equipped welding stations and industry standard workshops.
Please note; we release the full details of our Part Time courses around April. Until then all details of this and our other Part Time courses are subject to change.
To find out more please join our mailing list by selecting the Enquire Now button on this page and we will keep you up to date.