City & Guilds 3268 Level 1 MIG Welding
Day / Time
Tuesdays 5.30pm to 8.30pm
Contact for information
Skills Academy - Automotive
This level 1 course in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) has been specifically
designed for those who are at beginner level and are interested in pursuing
a career or developing existing skills in the welding and engineering sector.
All course content has been designed in partnership with or employer partners,
ensuring you get the skills, knowledge and behaviours employers are looking for
and that are relevant to today's industry.
You learn via a blend of theory and practical based sessions with a large proportion of the course taking place in our fully equipped welding workshops. Course content includes:
- Full health and safety induction
- Theory workshops on health and safety and welding processes and techniques
- Practical assessment 1 - Produce beads on plate in a PA flat position
- Practical assessment 2 - Produce a lap fillet weld in a PB horizontal/vertical position
- Practical assessment 3 - Produce a tee fillet weld in the PA flat position
- Practical assessment 4 - Produce a tee fillet weld in the PB horizontal/vertical position
- Practical assessment 5 - Produce a corner weld in the PA flat position
- Knowledge assessment 6 – Understand and explain the process and health and safety requirements for Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding.
Our friendly team of experience teachers will be with you every step of the way, helping you to learn new skills, develop your confidence and pass assessments. We work hard to motivate our students to make your learning experience as enjoyable as possible. With a wealth of industry experience under our belts, we have a strong passion for sector and are able to bring our real life practice into the classroom to add value to your learning.
You'll train in our dedicated welding and engineering workshops based at our Skills Academy for Automotive, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics. Equipped with 16 fully fitted welding stations, you'll enjoy industry standard facilities similar to any workplace.
You'll need to wear safety gear at all times, including safety footwear,
fire retardant overalls and a welding cap for all welding courses, which will be
an additional cost to the cost of the course.
Please note; we release the full details of our Part Time courses around April. Until then all details of this and our othrer Part Time courses are subject to change.
To find out more please join our mailing list by selecting the Enquire Now button on this page and we will keep you up to date.