Business (Travel Management) Level 3
Mon Sep 04 2023
Day / Time
If you love the idea of exploring the world of business with a focus on the travel industry then this could be the course for you. Do you want to know the key ingredients for business success? How to understand your customers’ needs and deliver exceptional customer service?
On this course you will develop a wide range of employment skills, business and industry knowledge and achieve recognised qualifications, enabling you to work in a Business, Travel and Tourism, Hospitality or Aviation role. This could include a role within marketing, sales or customer service. There are many career options for people with passion, commitment and enthusiasm.
This a two-year programme that blends classroom teaching with practical activities. so that you develop the knowledge and workplace skills that employers are looking for. In year one you will:
• Develop travel destination knowledge including cities, key tourist
destinations and attractions, looking at the appeal of different destinations
across the world.
• Study the world of Aviation to prepare for employment with an Airline or in an airport, exploring job roles as well as services and facilities available to travellers.
• Explore the features of different businesses and what makes them successful!
• Study marketing principles and processes and develop a marketing campaign for a business as well as analyse personal and business finance.
• Investigate how effective customer service contributes to business success.
• Learn how to deal with customers and exceed their expectations. Develop skills to handle complaints and deal with difficult customers.
In your final year, your studies will move up a notch, seeing you:
• Plan, market and manage an event with one of our industry partners.
This project will push you to the limits, developing your communication, team
working and project management skills.
• Study international business, how UK businesses develop strategies to trade globally and the factors that influence the overseas market.
• Explore the role of management and leadership in the workplace and learn what contributes towards business success to become a manager of the future.
• Gain an insight from a Human Resource specialist working in the industry. You will then use this knowledge to work as a team to recruit for a vacancy. To give you the employment edge you will be interviewed by an industry specialist giving you the opportunity to practice your interview skills to gain that dream job!
We want you to be job ready when you leave us and able to put what you have learned into practice, in the workplace. Relevant and high-quality work experience placements along with completion of commercial and vocational projects will help you to do this and are an important part of your study programme.
If you make a good impression on an employer, who knows where that could lead!
Five GCSEs at 4 or above including maths and English, along with an informal interview with our team. You may also be considered if you have achieved a Level 2 qualification in Business.
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications
See here for more information, pop into one of our enrolment events, call us on 0191 490 4627
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
For one to one advice, contact our friendly team who will assess your individual circumstances and give you the right information. You can contact them on 0191 490 2246, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Live Chat. Or pop along to one of our Enrolment Events.