AS/A Level Media Studies
Mon Sep 07 2020
Day / Time
This A Level in Media Studies encourages students to study the media in an academic context and apply the knowledge and understanding gained to their own media productions. They develop critical thinking skills as they study the media in both global and historical contexts.
Assessment methods include:
- Frequent Topic Tests
- Mock Assessments
- Practical Assessments
- External assessments (exams) will take place in the summer term – May/June
Each level lasts a year, so you'll spend a year studying at AS Level and a year studying at A Level.
A number of degree programmes leading into jobs, such as:
- Media planner
- Multimedia specialist
- Programme researcher, broadcasting/film/video
- Public relations officer
- Runner, broadcasting/film/video
- Social media manager
- Television/film/video produce
- Web content manager
This course is free to those aged under 19 years old.
Most people aged 19 years and over can qualify for free or reduced price course fees and there are grants and bursaries you can apply for to help cover the costs of coming to college, depending on your circumstances.
If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan or pay the fee upfront in full and qualify for a 10% discount.
You can get more information at our enrolment events, by calling 0191 490
2246 or email us at email@example.com
Whatever support you need, we’re here for you and will make sure you get the most out of your time at college.
We have expert teams in place to look after every single one of our students.
Our specialist teams can help with:
- Learning difficulties
- Physical and sensory disabilities
- Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD, Aspergers or other specific learning difficulties
- Mental health and well being
- Exam access arrangements
- Money, finance and bursary advice
- Careers advice, job and university applications