Jumpstart in partnership with Metrocentre
Day / Time
Contact for information
We've teamed up with the Metrocentre to offer a short course designed to help you to get a job in retail or hospitality.
Over just four days you’ll learn how to build your confidence, stand out at interview and how to manage difficult situations. Plus, you’ll walk away with a brand new CV and get the chance to practice your interview skills.
And the best bit is, at the end of the course, we’ll put you forward for an interview with an employer who is looking for new staff.
On the course you will cover:
- Personal stress management
- Transferrable skills & qualities
- Applying for opportunities
- Resolving conflict
- Writing a CV
You'll also enjoy:
- A behind the scenes tours of a Metrocentre store
- Input from employers on what it's like to work in this industry
Courses are running every month. Once you've completed the form on this page to apply, we'll let you know the next available date.
The course is based at the Metrocentre.
If you are a Jobcentre Plus customer, tell your workcoach you will be attending this course to get your travel expenses paid.
Everything will be provided for you on this course, no need to bring anything with you other than an appetite to learn something new.
The course is free if you:
- are aged 19 to 23 years old and have a full level 2 qualifications such as five GCSEs at grade 4 or above
- are over 24 years old
- earn less than £17,374.50