Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals Apprenticeship
The Assistant role provides end to end support to any member of staff within the salon. Taking full advantage of shadowing experienced stylist within a modern and thriving business. The applicant is to support salon staff with services and contribute to providing outstanding customer experience.
- Shadowing and observing experienced stylist to get a real taste of the industry and pick up best practice
- To take appointments via telephone and using computer based booking system if applicable
- Taking customer calls and providing a high standard of customer service
- Responsible for greeting customers in a confident and professional manner
- Engage with customers, provide beverages, magazines and to overall look after customers to ensure an outstanding customer experience
- Ensuring that the salon is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Support staff with inventory and placing orders of stock
- Basic colours and cuts when ready and confident
- Maths and English GCSEs (grade C or above)
You will be required to do maths and English Functional Skills if the above grades have not been achieved.Required Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Prepared to carry out all salon duties
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Genuine interest in developing a career in the hairdressing industry
- Enthusiasm towards learning the role
- To be well presented at all times
- Dedicated and hard worker
For the right candidate, there may be opportunities for career development within the organisation should a vacancy be available.
About the employer
Beautiful antique furniture and huge antique mirrors mix with modern additions like the tiny televisions set within the mirrors, with the latest celeb gossip running along the bottom. Beauty and style surround you at V, where every detail has been carefully designed to provide you with a memorable experience – relax and be pampered in the city’s most elegant salon.