Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship with Accommodations UK
- We are looking to appoint a hotel reservations clerk at our busy office in Newcastle. We are a hotel and conference reservations specialist and our main aim is to get the best possible rates for our clients at hotels, conference and events venues. The successful candidate will be expected to be involved in all areas of the business including booking conference and meeting rooms
- The position will mainly involve making hotel reservations for corporate clients which involves sourcing a hotel in the desired location, calling the hotel to negotiate the best rate, sourcing comparative rates at other suitable hotels and processing the booking
As a reservation’s agent, you will respond to hotel and customer enquiries with the aim of developing strong relationships and maximizing revenue opportunities. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage telephone and email enquiries in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with company standards ensuring accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Produce quotations and written confirmation to all clients
- Maintain a thorough understanding of hotel locations and processes, and contribute to a culture of high-quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
English, maths and IT at grades A-C/7-4 or equivalent.Required Skills:
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent telephone manner
- High level of IT skills
- Good social skills
- High level of motivation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Be able to use own initiative
- Professional attitude
Possibility of full time employment on successful completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Established in 1991, Accommodations UK is a free, independent hotel reservation and conference specialist that has been negotiating with hotels and other venues for over 28 years.
Accommodations UK’s main aim is to get the best possible rates for their clients at hotels, conference and event venues whilst removing the hassle and administrative burden of booking hotel accommodation. They personally negotiate with hotels to get the best rate on the day and have corporate rates set up with many hotels due to the volume of bookings made.