If you live, breathe and sleep cricket, then we’re the college for you. You can study any of our full time school leaver study programmes in any subject including sport and A Levels and become a member of our Cricket Academy.
You’ll develop the knowledge and expertise you need to go on to university, for a career or an apprenticeship and gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst training and competing to develop your cricketing skills.
Development Pathway Programme
To make sure all our academy members stay at the top of their game and are able to improve, we’ve created a unique development pathway programme with a dedicated package of support for each level.
Roll of Honour
- Rachael Petherick – England Womens U19, Durham County
- Alasdair Appleby – Durham CCC Academy, Northumberland
- Alex McGrath, Durham County U17 & U19
- Liam Dixon – Durham MCCU
- Joe Carrick – Northumberland U17
- Ross Sinclair – Northumberland U19 & Development Side
- Daniel Kirtley – Durham U17
- Vanessa Watson – Durham U17 Girls, Durham Women
- Sean Tindale – Durham U17, Northumberland
- Luke Smith – Durham U17
- Laurence Wood – Durham U17
- Henry Malton – Northumberland U17
- Brogan Ashley – Northumberland U17 Girls
- Drew White - England Physical Disability World Cup Winner 2015
Gateshead College provided excellent support and guidance over the two year course and I was encouraged throughout to maximise my potential
Meet the Coach
Michael Armstrong, Head Coach
As well as his role as Head Coach at the Cricket Academy, Michael has been club and coach development officer at Durham Cricket Club for over 10 years. He also works with the county youth squad and player pathway. As a coach he has worked with teams at all levels. Michael has played 1st team cricket at Whickham Cricket Club for 20 years and represented league sides at all levels.
Check out our range of sport and fitness courses taught at our outstanding Academy for Sport.Explore