Intu Metro Centre and Intu Eldon Square are recruiting retail staff to join some of their best known retailers. Big brands such as TKMaxx, Debenhams, Lush, Odeon, B&M, Clarks, New Look, Namco and Collectables are looking for new team members.
Get the skills you need and improve your chances of application and interview success by completing our short, free training course, Retail Gold.
Sign up now for our Information Day on the 5th of June.
- Shop assistant
- Team member
- Sales advisor
- Senior customer consultant
No experience needed
No qualifications or experience are needed to join our free, short training course, Retail Gold. Over 3 weeks, we’ll help you develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to shine at interview, putting you in the best possible position to get a job.
Why do the training?
The training is designed by retail experts intu and will equip you with the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to successfully get a job.
Previous students have go onto enjoy job success, here’s what they say:
“I absolutely love my new job, thank you so much for everything I couldn’t have done it without you!”. - Demi
“This afternoon Boots have offered me a job in the photo lab.” - Paul
“Just had word from Home Bargains. I got the job! Thanks for everything.” - Julie
- Free and fully funded, so there is no cost to you
- If you’re claiming Job Seeker’s Allowance, you can claim travel expenses from JCP
- Your benefits won’t be affected
- Coaching to help you perform well at interview
- Help to complete applications forms
- Come away with nationally recognised qualifications
What does the training include?
- Introduction to World Class Customer Service
- Using social media
- Working with colleagues as an effective part of a team
- Retail selling skills & stock control
- Health, safety and security
- Equality and diversity
- Application and interview techniques
Start date: 11th June
Duration: 3 weeks
Days/Times: Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm
Venue: Baltic Campus, Gateshead College, Quarryfield Road, Gateshead NE8 3BE
Free, thanks to funding from the European Social Fund.
Plus, if you’re claiming JobSeeker’s Allowance, you can claim travel expenses from JCP
To be accepted on the course, we’d like you to:
- Be over 18 years’ old
- Be a resident in the UK/EEA state for the last 3 years
- Have evidence of your date of birth, residency, National Insurance number and employment status
- Be able to start the training course on the dates above.
SIGN UP HERE
Come along to our Information Day on the 5th of June to hear more about the training course, Retail Gold, vacancies and working at intu.
Got a question?
Call Lorna Shaw on (0191) 490 2479
Please note: Acceptance onto the course is subject to meeting entry requirements. Asylum seekers are not eligible for free training.