Intu Metro Centre and Intu Eldon Square Grey’s Quarter are recruiting hospitality staff to join some of their best known food and drink outlets.
Get the skills you need to improve your chances of application and interview success by completing our free, short training course.
Sign up now for our information day on Wednesday 6 June or Wednesday 4 July.
Positions available include:
- Team member
- Front of house
- Kitchen staff
No experience needed
No qualifications or experience are needed to join our free, short training course and it doesn’t matter if you’ve previously applied for roles at intu and been turned down. Over 3 weeks, we’ll coach you to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to shine at interview, putting you in the best possible position to get a job.
Why do the training?
The training is designed by hospitality experts at intu and will give you the skills, know-how and confidence to successfully get a job.
- It’s free and fully funded – so no cost to you
- If you’re claiming Job Seekers Allowance, you can claim travel expenses from JCP
- Your benefits won’t be affected
- Friendly, informal teaching style
- Lots of help with application forms
- Come away with nationally recognised qualifications
What does the training include?
- Introduction to World Class Customer Service
- Using social media
- Working as part of team
- Food safety
- Health, safety and security
- Equality and diversity
- Application and interview techniques
Start date: Monday 11th June or Monday 9th July
Duration : 3 weeks
Days/Times: Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm
Venue: Baltic Campus, Gateshead College, Quarryfield Road, Gateshead NE8 3BE
No cost to you thanks to funding from the European Social Fund. Plus if you’re seeking Jobseekers Allowance you can claim travel expenses from JCP and your benefits won’t be affected.
To get on the course, we’d like you to;
- Be over 18 years’ old
- Be a resident in the UK/EEA state for at least 3 years
- Have evidence of your date of birth, residency, National Insurance number and employment/unemployed status
- Be able to start the training on the dates above.
SIGN UP HERE
To find out more please come along to our information day on Wednesday 6 June or Wednesday 4 July.
Got a question?
Call Lorna Shaw on (0191) 490 2479
Please note: Acceptance onto the course is subject to meeting entry requirements. Asylum seekers are not eligible for free training.