The programme is designed around two scholarship pathways, the Player Scholar pathway and the Coaching Scholar pathway, allowing you to choose the specialism most suitable to your abilities and ambitions. Both pathways include nationally recognised qualifications and help students develop the skills and knowledge employers look for.
As a Player scholar:
- Train full time at Gateshead Football Club.
- Represent the club in Division One of the Northern Alliance League.
- Gain an employability qualification, a Level 2 Award in Employment and Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning.
- Undertake a work experience rotation in roles related to running a successful football club, for example football administration and strength and conditioning.
As a Coaching scholar:
- Gain a FA Level 2 qualification.
- Deliver coaching sessions at the club and in the community, alongside professional Gateshead Football Club staff.
- Gain an employability qualification, a Level 2 Award in Employment and Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
You’ll be trained and guided by the professionals at Gateshead Football Club and the expert teaching and coaching team at our Academy for Sport.
Where will I study?
You will spend the majority of your time on the programme at Gateshead Football Club as part of their professional player or coaching team. One day a week will be spent at our Academy for Sport understanding the theory that will underpin your practical knowledge.
After the programme
This destination driven programme has been specifically designed to enable you to secure a job in a wide range of roles connected to the football industry. There is a clear focus for preparing you for a long-lasting career throughout the programme, ensuring you have the skills, knowledge and contacts you need to be successful, as well as a qualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Come to one of our enrolment events.