This Privacy Notice describes how Futurework protects and makes use of the information you provide us with. Gateshead College is the data controller for the purposes of data protection laws.
This notice applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our websites
- People who use or may use our services. This includes for example:
- individuals who study a course with us
- employers who purchase training from us
- employers who take a student on work experience or placement
- employers who employ an Apprentice
- Individuals who are customers of the college’s commercial operations eg Futurework
- Individuals who request information from us.
If you are asked to provide information to us, it will only be used in the ways described in this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is updated from time-to-time.
If you have any questions about this policy, please e-mail DPO@gateshead.ac.uk or write to him at IT Department, Gateshead College, Baltic Campus, Quarryfield Road, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead. NE8 3BE.
What data we gather
We may collect a range of information including, but not limited to the following:
- Business owner name, business name, profession, public and employer liability insurance details.
- Business contact information including, phone, email and postal addresses
- School contact information including, phone, email and postal addresses
- Learner detail, including name, age, and medical conditions.
How we use this data and our lawful bases to do so
Collecting this data helps us provide you with a service which meets your needs.
Specifically, we may use data:
To meet our legal and statutory duties and responsibilities
To provide you with an education / deliver our courses
Statutory obligation / performance of a contract
To process applications, enrolments and workforce development programmes and contracts
For our own internal records so that we can provide you with a high quality service
Legitimate interests so that we can ensure that we continually improve our service provision
To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
If you are a customer of a commercial service of the college e.g. Futurework
Performance of a contract
To contact you about services, products, offers and other things provided by us which we think may be relevant to you
To contact you via e-mail telephone or mail for research purposes
At no time will we assume your permission to use information that you provide for anything other than the reasons stated here.
How long will we keep your information
We will keep your information in line with our retention policy which can be found at www.futurework.org.uk and in accordance with the retention periods set out below;
In the interest of health and safety and safeguarding requirements your business details will be kept on our system for a period of 50 months
We will hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong organisational and technical security safeguards.
If information is shared with another organisation (reasons for this are given in the section below) we will ensure an Information Sharing Agreement is in place.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or rent your personal information.
We may be required disclosed to appropriate staff members of Gateshead College to provide you with the services you have requested, and to government bodies to fulfil our statutory responsibilities such as the Skills Funding Agency, the Education Funding Agency, Ofsted, the Department for Education and auditors and will always request your consent to do so when vetting your organisation.
Information may be shared with third parties if it is in connection with the service we are providing to you, for example we might share information with market research companies contracted to undertake work on our behalf to assess your satisfaction with our service. When we do this we always ensure that we have your consent to do so and that an Information Sharing Agreement is in place.
We will only share your personal information with other people eg parents or carers, or with agencies as seen as appropriate when participating an apprenticeship or work experience programme
Any personal information we hold about you is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We will not store your information outside the European Economic Area.
Data Retention Policy
You can view our Data Retention Policy here.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits www.gateshead.ac.uk or www.futurework.org.uk we collect standard internet log information and visitor details of behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the different parts of the site. We collect the information in a way which does not identify anyone. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website we will be up front about this, will ask for explicit consent and will make the purpose clear.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling Information About You
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- opt in to receive marketing communications from us by e-mail, telephone, text message or post
- opt in to permit your business details to be held on our CRM system which Gateshead College and secondary schools and their learners have access to in order they may contact you to source a work experience placement
If you have agreed that we can use your information for the purposes laid out above, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- send an e-mail to email@example.com
- write to us - Futurework, Health and Safety department, Gateshead College, Baltic Campus, Quarryfield Road, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead. NE8 3BE.
We will not lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Links From Our Site
1) You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal information held by Gateshead College. You can make a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulation.To make a request contact Director of People and Organisation Development, Mark Thompson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post Mark Thompson, Gateshead College, Baltic Campus, Quarryfield Road, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead. NE8 3BE.
2) You have the right to ask for your information to be corrected or updated.
3) You have the right to ask (in certain circumstances) for your information to be deleted.
4) You have the right to data portability
5) You have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your information.
6) You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
7) You have the right to complain to the ICO
To exercise any of these rights with us, please contact email@example.com
Complaints or Queries
If you have any questions about our collection and use of personal data please contact us at DPLead@gateshead.ac.uk. We are happy to provide additional information if it is required.