A brand new health & Safety apprenticeship available in the Newcastle area and throughout the northeast which offers the opportunity to extend your health and safety resource in a cost effective way. The Health & Safety apprentice will work with the management and delivery team of the organisation to advise on the statutory health, safety and environmental requirements that affect the company’s operations. If you are keen to introduce an assistant to support with the operational activities at advisor or co-ordinator level, this qualification will equip them with the skills, experience and confidence they need.
The apprenticeship is an ideal way to train existing employees ready to step into a new role, or can be used to recruit new talent. The skills and knowledge requirements of the standard will be taught on a day release basis from one of our Gateshead Campuses, a convenient location for all Tyne and Wear based employers.
Once trained, your employee will be able to:
- Contribute to a positive health and safety culture
- Understand legislation, regulations, codes of practice and guidance
- Develop and monitor safety, health and environment (SHE) systems, processes and procedures
- Evaluate risk and devise control measures
- Implement and monitor safe use of equipment, materials and products
- Monitor safety, health and environment (SHE) performance
- Plan for emergencies
- Assist the investigation of accidents and near misses
- Prepare and maintain records relating to safety, health and environmental matters
- Deliver instruction and training
Click here to download a full programme outline.
Call 0191 490 2258 for more or leave your details on our Enquiry form.