This course is ideal if you’d like to pursue a career as a Mechanical Engineer or progress on to a degree course at university*.
You will develop your skills and knowledge in a broad range of areas covering modules in engineering science, mechanical principles and manufacturing processes in a practical environment.
You’ll be based in our world class Skills Academy for Automotive, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics campus at Team Valley where you’ll benefit from our outstanding workshops which have a range of industry standard mechanical maintenance and pneumatics equipment.
The most valuable requirement is experience working as an mechanical engineer. You should also hold qualifications at Level 3 such as BTEC Diploma in engineering or A Levels in Physics and Mathematics.
- Analytical methods for engineers (Maths)
- Engineering science
- Mechanical principles
- Programmable logic controllers
- Manufacturing process
- Application of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Project design, implementation, and evaluation
- Quality assurance and management
The part time course is run over two evenings per week for two years (Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-9pm)
* Progression to university courses vary by institution and you should check the entry requirements for any course you plan to take after an HNC.
Please note: Whilst every effort is made to run all advertised programmes, this programme will run subject to learner recruitment numbers.