This course is ideal if you’d like to pursue a career as an Electrical Engineer or progress onto a degree course at university*.
You will develop your skills and knowledge in electrical engineering covering key areas such as engineering science and electrical and electronic principles.
This hands on course is taught at our world class Skills Academy for Automotive, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics campus at Team Valley, where you’ll benefit from learning in our outstanding electrical and electronics workshops.
The most valuable requirement is experience working as an electrical engineer. You should also hold qualifications at Level 3 such as a BTEC Diploma in engineering or A Levels in physics and mathematics.
The course covers a range of subjects relating to engineering with emphasis on workplace application.
- Analytical methods for engineers (maths)
- Engineering science
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Programmable logic controllers
- Combinational and sequential logic
- Quality assurance and management
- Project design, implementation, and evaluation
- Electrical power
The part time course is run over two evenings per week for two years (Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-9pm)
* Progression to University courses vary by institution and you should check the entry requirements for any course you plan to take after an HNC.
Please note: Whilst every effort is made to run all advertised programmes, this programme will run subject to learner recruitment numbers.