There’s never been a better time to study a course in this area. The Government recognises the importance of exercise for the nation’s health, and is investing heavily in health and exercise programmes within communities.
This course is ideal if you would like a career in one of the varied roles in the sports or health industry. Previous graduates have gone on to work as PE teachers, physical training instructors, sports masseurs and much more.
This course is validated by the University of Sunderland and is, the first two years of their BSc in Exercise, Health and Fitness.
You will study at Gateshead College’s Academy for Sport, with the option of a third year (BSc with Hons) to be based at the University, subject to meeting their entry criteria.
What will I study?
- Sociology of sport, exercise and health
- Exercise management
- Physiology of exercise and sport
- Introduction to sport and exercise psychology
- Personal development and study skills
- Anatomy for exercise and sport
- Fitness testing and assessment
- Study skills (researching and reporting)
- Nutrition for exercise and sport
- Public health, health promotion and exercise
- Personal training
- Personal and professional development
Please note: whilst every effort is made to run all our programmes, this is subject to minimum numbers.