Developed with large local employers, this course is designed for Level 3 apprentices in engineering who would like to pursue a career as a engineering technician.
You will develop your skills and knowledge in a broad range of areas covering modules in engineering science, mechanical principles and manufacturing processes in a practical environment.
What will I study?
- Analytical methods for Engineers (maths)
- Engineering science
- Mechanical principles or Electrical Principles
- Materials Engineering (Mech) or Programmable Logic Controllers (Elec)
- Manufacturing process (Mech) or Electrical Power (Elec)
- Application of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Project design, implementation, and evaluation
- Computer aided design and manufacture (Mech) or Condition Monitoring (Elec)
Where will I study?
You’ll be based at our Skills Academy for Sustainable Manufacturing and Innovation campus in Washington.
Days & Times
This is a day release course run over two years on a Friday from 8am to 4pm.
Please note: Whilst every effort is made to run advertised programmes, this course will only run subject to suitable student numbers.