Developed with large local employers, This course is designed for Level 3 apprentices in engineering who would like to pursue a career as an engineering technician - progression to HND is available on completion.
You will develop your skills and knowledge in a broad range of areas covering modules in engineering science, mechanical principles and manufacturing processes in a practical environment.
You’ll be based in our Skills Academy for Sustainable Manufacturing and Innovation campus.
You must be employed in an engineering company and already hold Level 3 technical qualifications such as BTEC Diploma in Engineering or A Levels in Physics and Mathematics.
- Analytical methods for Engineers (Maths)
- Engineering science
- Mechanical principles or electrical principles
- Engineering design
- Manufacturing process or Electrical Power
- Application of pneumatics and hydraulics
- Project design, implementation, and evaluation
- Programmable logic control and robotics or engineering materials
Days & Times
This day release course is run over two years on a Friday from 8am to 4pm.