If you'd like to be a teacher but don't yet have the qualifications you need to study a degree, this programme could be for you.
This one year, intensive programme is designed to support you to get the qualifications you need to get into university to study at degree level. Run by a team of friendly, supportive and approachable teaching professionals, the course times will fit around your busy adult life and we'll offer as much support as we can to help you be successful.
Is it for me?
The course is ideal if you would like to change careers or step into teaching. It is relevant to:
Post 16 education
Benefits to you
- Free student car parking
- Family/busy life friendly timetable
- Lots of teaching support
- Small class sizes
- Small, accessible, modern campus
The programme consists of four subject sets:
English language and literature
Education theory and practice
Your teaching team
Our teachers are ambitious, talented and passionate about making your experience at college the very best it can be. They have up to date industry experience to share with you and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be. They also understand that returning to study as an adult can be tough and that'll you'll have lots of other priorities to juggle. They pride themselves on offering lots of one to one support to help you do your very best.
The cost of this course can vary depending on your age and circumstances:
- If you are aged 18 this course is free.
- If you are aged 19 - 23 and this is your first full level 3 qualification this course is free.
- If you already have a full level 3 qualification and are aged 19 years or over, you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan to cover the costs. If you go onto to complete a higher education degree course the remaining balance of your loan will be 'written off' which means you won't have to pay it back.
- If you pay the full fee upfront on enrolment, you will qualify for a 10 % discount.
For an up to date cost and more finance information please visit an Enrolment Event, call 0191 490 2246 or email us at email@example.com
How to apply
To get your application started, complete our short online form. We'll then be in touch to invite you in to one of our Enrolment Events to have an interview and complete initial assessments for maths, English and comprehension, so we can be sure you're ready for this course. We'll then let you know if you can be accepted on the course.
Many of our students progress to local and national universities to study degree programmes. To search university programmes and their entry requirements, you can use the UCAS website (www.ucas.com)
Please note: Whilst every effort is made to run all advertised programmes, programmes will only run with suitable student numbers.