Student benefit package
Study with us and you'll get VIP access to a bonanza package of benefits and goodies you won't get anywhere else.
Free Gym membership - brand new gym equipment and aerobics space. Qualified gym instructor to carry out inductions and help plan personal fitness programmes.
Baltic Salon and Spa - cost effective hair and beauty treatments delivered in an industry standard salon and spa
Four choices of places to eat and relax at Baltic Campus;
- EAT - relaxed eating court with wallet-friendly options
- Greenhouse Brasserie - modern, glass fronted restaurant for special occasions, end of term parties or if you just fancy treating yourself
- Costa Coffee
- Enfields Dining Room - student-run restaurant with a budget buffet
BQ Travel Agency - 5% discount on breaks and holidays right on their doorstep
Brand new social and sport facilities on Team Valley Campus;
- fitness centre,
- state-of-the-art all weather pitches,
- a cafe and courtyard seating areas
Brand new cafe at Gateshead International Stadium - a two minute walk from our Academy for Sport
Weekly student activity clubs that you can join at anytime
- Table Tennis
Sport Summer Camps - Academy for Sport students enjoy pre-season training ahead of the September term to get them match fit in their chosen sport.
If you're aged 16-19 you could qualify for a Gateshead College Bursary. These bursaries provide financial support to help you with meals, transport, equipment or other course related costs.
This year the bursary awarded grants of up to £1200 depending on personal circumstances.
Gateshead College Foundation
You may be able to get help towards your fees or other study costs such as kit, equipment or travel.
Discretionary Learner Support Fund
If you need help with course related costs.
Army Bursary Scheme
Thinking of joining the Army? You could get paid £2000 to go to college and get a job at the end of it. As well as studying for your qualification, you'll benefit from work experience with the Army.
Health, Wellbeing and Support
Help, advice and support on a range of important topics;
- Alcohol awareness
- Drug awareness
- Road Safety
- Sexual Health
- Mental Health
- Dyslexia Support
- Dyspraxia Support
- Learning Achievement Support
- One 2 One Tutor
- Study Skills
- CV Help
- Careers Progression - help understanding your options after college
- Interview Support - how to be a stand out candidate
- University application support - how to complete an application form, write a personal statement
Opportunity for 1 student to take a paid for position as the Students' Union President for one year. Salary of £11-12,000
- Discounts to shops and restaurants
- Opportunity to develop key skills that employers and universities value as a voluntary member of the union as finance officer, equality & diversity officer etc
Reward and Recognition
- College Student Awards - glitzy celebration night where students are rewarded and win prizes for all their hard work and success
- Competitions throughout the year to win amazing prizes - last year we gave away tickets to see Katy Perry, Rihanna, Tinie Tempah, Ipod shuffles, MetroCentre vouchers and even a VIP box at Metro Radio Arena to see Olly Murs
Hire Education - providing you with the skills employers want.
- Sport Volunteer Scheme (Work experience with or partners including FA, Gateshead FC and more)
- Amazing work experience opportunities - last year students enjoyed behind the scene access to Snow Patrol and Leeds Festival, real life work commissions from private companies, performed at The Sage Gateshead, City Hall and The Academy, had a week's placement at the BBC, performed at the BBC Regional Sports Personality of the Year, masterclass sessions with music business professionals, attended Games Horizon
- Opportunity to develop key employability skills as a Student Ambassador helping out at college recruitment events and sharing their personal experiences with potential students