The programme is aimed at those who wish to start a career in the sport and active leisure industry. You’ll study all aspects of how and where to participate in sport, looking at improving fitness, healthy lifestyle, sport in the workplace and working safely.
We’ll help you to develop the skills that show your potential to an employer. This includes how you can use your knowledge to best effect, that you have the right attitude, high standards and will be a great asset to their business.
The study programme
The course is broken down into two strands. Both strands are made up of four individual units:
1) Participating in sport
- Components and functions of the body
- Improving fitness
- Leading a healthy lifestyle
- Taking part in sport
2) Sport in the workplace
- Recognising opportunities for participation
- People skills in sport and active leisure
- Understanding the active leisure sector
- Working safely in sport and active leisure
You will also study English and maths as part of your study programme.
You’ll have the opportunity to join one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
- Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
- Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
- The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
- A personalised training and development programme
- Access to some of the best facilities in the country with two 11-a-side 3G football pitches, sports science and medicine facilities, a performance lab, an aerobics studio and a superb 83m long athletics hall
If you prefer not to be part of a sport academy you will complete an employability project designed to further develop your skills.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
You can start on this programme and fast track to an apprenticeship once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available. Sign up to our apprenticeship alerts and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest vacancies. Plus our team will help you with your CV or application and help you prepare for interview.