This course is ideal for students who want to follow a more academic route of study that will allow them to then complete a Level 3 course and then progress to university.
- Fitness testing
- How to develop a fitness programme
- How to lead sport activities
- How to advise about nutrition and sports injuries
- Technical and tactical components for sport
- You will also take part in work experience.
On completion, you will have the skills necessary to get a job as a leisure attendant or a sports leader or to progress on to one of our Level 3 courses.
In addition to your core sport modules, you will also study maths and English, so that when you leave us you have all the skills employers look for.
Your course will be delivered by highly qualified academic and coaching staff. Our staff are ambitious, talented and passionate about making your experience at college the very best it can be. They have up to date industry experience to share with you and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be.
Your study programme
This course will include the following qualifications:
- OCR Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport
- Functional skills or GCSE maths and English
Your study programme includes membership of one of our nine sport academies, where you will get:
- Up to 9 hours of professional training each week, access to competitions and specialist sport academy coaches
- Free access to physiotherapy assessments and treatment
- The opportunity to compete in local, national and international competitions
- A personalised training and development programme
- Access to some of the best facilities in the country with two 11-a-side 3G football pitches
- Sports science and medicine facilities, a performance lab, an aerobics studio and a superb 83m long athletics hall
If you do not wish to join one of our academies you will undertake an employment related project designed to develop further your employability skills.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
You can start on this programme and fast track to an apprenticeship once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available. Sign up to our apprenticeship alerts and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest vacancies. Plus our team will help you with your CV or application and help you prepare for interview.