Public and Uniformed Services
This industry employs more than 30,000 people across the country and salaries start at around £21,000. Jobs in this sector vary and include those in the fire and ambulance service and the police force as well as positions in the armed forces including the army, the Royal Air Force (RAF), the Royal Navy and the intelligence service.
Work can also be found in the private sector for companies who support the emergency services with catering, medical equipment and production of vehicles and weaponry.
For more information come along to an Enrolment Event.
We offer beginner (Level 1), intermediate (Level 2) and advanced (Level 3) courses in Public and Uniformed Services.
Public and Uniformed Services Courses
You'll study at our Baltic Campus which is home to some of the best educational facilities in the UK including:
- Up-to-date IT equipment and the latest software. We have recently invested £150,000 into new IT equipment and software.
- State of the art learning resources.
- A two-tier library and spacious work areas and ICT suite.
Our Employment Edge
- We’re working with Northumbria Police to deliver a community policing project this year, the first of its kind locally.
- We place students on the Phoenix Project, an intensive five-day work experience course with Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service.
- Our students take part in a four-day residential at Catterick Garrison with the Army and take part in a Royal Marines training day based at HMS Calliope.
We’ve just been named the best college in the North East, the third best in the whole country and been awarded Outstanding by Ofsted.
Why? Because we put everything we’ve got into making sure our students succeed.