The hair and beauty sector is made up of more than just hair salons. Job opportunities within this growing sector can be extremely varied and working environments can be as exciting as film and TV sets, world class spas and hotels, holiday resorts, airlines and cruise liners.
The beauty sector has an annual turnover of £6.2 billion and it employs nearly 250,000 people in the UK.
For more information come along to an Enrolment Event.
We offer introduction, beginner (Level 1), intermediate (Level 2) and advanced (Level 3) courses in Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector, Hairdressing, Hair and Beauty, Beauty Therapy and Spa Therapy.
Beauty Therapy courses
You’ll train in our industry standard Baltic Salon and Spa, working with paying clients. The facility includes:
- A commercial hair salon
- Beauty therapy treatment rooms
- A whirlpool bath
- Sauna and steam room
- Gym, aerobics studio and Japanese garden
We also have an industry standard men’s barbering salon at our Team Valley Campus.
Our Employment Edge
- All students have the chance to complete work experience as part of their course.
- You’ll be taught by industry experts and may have the chance to enter competitions, engage in industry masterclasses and support fashion shows and events.
- Former students are working as beauticians and hairdressers in a range of reputable businesses including; Hilton Spa, The Turkish Barber Shop, Rioz Ltd, Fenwick, Seaham Hall, Virgin Atlantic, Stobo Castle, Slaley Hall and Regis Salon, whilst others have successfully set up as freelance hair and beauty professionals.
We’ve just been named the best college in the North East, the third best in the whole country and been awarded Outstanding by Ofsted.
Why? Because we put everything we’ve got into making sure our students succeed.