The UK games industry is the 3rd largest in the world and is going from strength to strength and we want you to be part of this dynamic, cutting edge sector. During the course, you'll get to develop an impressive range of digital skills, using industry-level software in our impressive facilities, setting you on a career path in the games industry and digital media economy.
- Learn how to use 3D modelling software.
- Create and complete 2D and 3D games using games engines.
- Produce content for virtual reality.
- Create and design assets, environments and characters for games.
- Learn how to create animations.
- Develop sound production skills.
- Develop narrative writing skills.
- Learn digital design techniques.
All students on the course are offered the opportunity to work with industry and take on commercial commission work.
Your learning will be developed by industry professionals, delivering marketable design and software skills in applications such as: 3DS Max, Zbrush, the Adobe Masters collection, Unreal Development Kit, Unity and others. You will also discover how the industry works and what you will need to succeed in a highly competitive future.
So, if you have a passion not just for playing games, but for creativity and the discovery of how the games and digital industries function then we are the right choice for you.
You will be assessed in a variety of ways, this could be the games you will make, or digital assets you produce in addition to more traditional assignments.
The course also acts as a pathway into Higher Education with the Extended Diploma being equivalent to three A levels. You can achieve up to 168 UCAS points on completion of this course