This programme will give you an industry-recognised qualification and the technical knowledge and skills required to undertake basic domestic plumbing work, including cold and hot water systems and sanitation and central heating. You'll also gain an understanding of the importance of health and safety within the industry.
Level 2 Plumbing Studies is designed for those people wishing to enter into the plumbing industry but have no previous experience. This is a qualification that tests both practical and knowledge based skills in a realistic working environment and when you have successfully completed this qualification you will be at Improver/Plumber's Mate level.
In order to fully qualify as a plumber you will need to fully meet the performance criteria as laid down in the National Occupational Standards put together by Summit Skills, the Sector Skills Council.
On this course you will study the following units through a mixture of practical workshop sessions alongside classroom based activities:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
Assessment will be through a series of practical tasks, online tests and the production of a portfolio of evidence.