Learners interested in the Level 2 Technical Certificate in Professional Cookery will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks.
Techniques covered include:
• boiling, poaching and steaming
• stewing and braising
• baking, roasting and grilling
• deep frying and shallow frying
• cold food preparation.
Learners will also cover:
• the structure of professional kitchens and the principles of working as a professional chef
• how knives, tools and equipment are used in professional kitchens
• how to work safely and hygienically.
The Level 2 Technical Certificate in Professional Cookery could lead to employment opportunities as a Commis Chef with a variety of employers, such as:
• Contract caterers.