This study programme is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and understanding of the administration activities you need to progress to higher levels of study, onto an apprenticeship or into employment. The course is very practical and enables you to learn a lot about the key aspects of business administration.
What will I study?
Through a combination of classroom and practical sessions, you'll cover:
- Working in administration: Learn the role and importance of an administrator in a business environment.
- Written business communication: Learn how to communicate effectively in contexts that are relevant to workplace situations.
- Teamwork in administration:Learn how to work effectively in teams to achieve set objectives.
- Financial transactions: Learn how to administer a petty cash system and manage customer accounts.
- Handling diary systems: Learn how to manage both an electronic and paper based diary system.
- Organise business travel and accommodation: Learn how to administer business travel and accommodation arrangements for other people.
- Organise meetings: Learn how to make arrangements to hold a meeting and support the effective running of that meeting.
- IT: Improve your IT skills with bespoke teaching on Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
study programme is more than a qualification; it includes all the ingredients
to make you the best you can be, to give you an edge in the jobs market and the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to move into further study. It is personal to you and is made up of
a range of activity. The majority of time will be spent on the qualification
and will be a mix of practical work and theory, all shaped
around the technical skills and knowledge that employers are looking
for. The rest of your time will be spent in English and maths, work
experience, tutorials and reviews along with a range of other activities
designed to boost your CV in some way.
You'll be part of an employer engagement
scheme where you will work with employers from local businesses to help improve
your skills further. The possibilities with this scheme are endless. Past
students have been given real-life projects to work on, visited the employers
at work and been given opportunities to showcase their work. This scheme,
along with our tutorial programme, will help you become work ready as well as
preparing you for the outside world with training on money management, help
with job hunting, interviews and confidence building.
We want you to be job ready when you leave us and able to put
what you have learned into practice in the workplace. Relevant and high quality
work experience placements, employer mentoring, commercial and vocational
projects will help you to do this and are an important part of your study
programme. Plus make an impression on an employer and who knows where that
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
You can start on this programme and fast track to an
apprenticeship once a vacancy becomes available and you're ready. Sign up to
our apprenticeship alerts and we'll keep you updated on the latest
apprenticeship vacancies. Plus our team will help you write your CV or
application and prepare for interviews.
About our teachers
Our teachers are
ambitious, talented and passionate about making your experience at college the
very best it can be. They have up to date industry experience to share with you
and the energy and enthusiasm to help you to get where you need to be.
What our students say
“I love the classroom atmosphere” (Alex Angelico)
“Teaching is excellent” (Callum Fergusson)
“My college experience couldn’t have been better. The teaching staff were so supportive and I met lots of new people. I also got to improve my maths and English through a functional skills qualification, something I was keen to do to help my career prospects” (Lauren Foston)