The brand new 18th Edition course is now available. All electricians who design and install electrical installations will be required to comply to the 18th Edition from January of 2019.
This course will give you an understanding of the legal position of the Health & Safety at Work Act, Electricity Regulations and an outline knowledge of the BS7671:2018 to enable you to apply the new regulations to your work effectively and safely.
- Legal Position. Health & Safety at Work Acts. BS7671:2018 Code of Practice
- Introduction to the IEE Regulations
- Requirements of safety
- Assessment of general characteristics, supply, safety, electric shock
- Protection for safety thermal effects, over current, switching and isolation, application.
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Rules, wiring systems, switchgear, earthing, safety services, special installations
- Inspection and testing
- British standards, fuse characteristics, use of tables, certificates, fuse/MCB and cable size calculations
- Course summary questions, problems, types of instruments and scenarios
You will be assessed through a multiple choice exam. Successful candidates will be awarded the City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition of I.E.E Regulations.
On successful completion of this course delegates may wish to progress onto City & Guilds 2394 / 2395 Inspection and Testing.
£396, including exam fee.
Discounts available for bookings of ten or more employees.
Course start dates
Monday & Thursday evenings starting 19 November, 6-9pm over 3 weeks at Baltic Campus
Tuesday 18th December to Thursday 20th December, 9am to 4.30pm at Skills Academy for Construction
Register your interest
Call our team on 0191 490 4624.
Refresher course also available, please call for details.