There's still time to get up to speed and comply with the latest regulations with our short 18th edition wiring regulations course. Daytime and evening course times available to help fit around your working day.
This course will give you an understanding of the legal position of the Health & Safety at Work Act, Electricity Regulations and an outline knowledge of the BS7671:2018 to enable you to apply the new regulations to your work effectively and safely.
- Legal Position. Health & Safety at Work Acts. BS7671:2018 Code of Practice
- Introduction to the IEE Regulations
- Requirements of safety
- Assessment of general characteristics, supply, safety, electric shock
- Protection for safety thermal effects, over current, switching and isolation, application.
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Rules, wiring systems, switchgear, earthing, safety services, special installations
- Inspection and testing
- British standards, fuse characteristics, use of tables, certificates, fuse/MCB and cable size calculations
- Course summary questions, problems, types of instruments and scenarios
You will be assessed through a multiple choice exam. Successful candidates will be awarded the City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition of I.E.E Regulations.
On successful completion of this course delegates may wish to progress onto City & Guilds 2394 / 2395 Inspection and Testing.
Discounts available for bookings of ten or more employees.
Course start dates
Tuesday to Thursday (3 day course), 9am to 4pm
Starting 30 April, 7 May, 14 May, 22 May and weekly throughout June.
Tuesdays & Thursdays (six sessions), 6pm to 9pm. Starting 30 April and weekly throughout May.
Mondays & Wednesdays (six sessions), 6pm to 9pm. Starting 3 June and weekly throughout June and July.
Register your interest
Call our team on 0191 490 4624 or complete the short enquiry form on this page.