ATA was created to help the motor industry keep on top of constant, rapid changes in technology, legislation and working methods, by encouraging and measuring the current competence, knowledge and ability of those working within it. By providing proof of current competence, ATA benefits both individuals and their employers.
The Service Maintenance Technician route is intended for technicians whose job role involves the inspection, maintenance and repair of light vehicles and have ideally at least two years experience to ensure you are familiar with the skills, knowledge and techniques required to service, maintain and repair vehicles.
The Service Maintenance Technician Accreditation will be made up of an online assessment containing 30 questions and the following practical assessments;
- ATA 057-1 Mechanical Systems (diesel timing belt)
- ATA 057-2 Mechanical Systems (petrol timing belt)
- ATA 057-3 Mechanical Systems (diesel injector)
- ATA 058-1 Electrical Systems - Basic (washers)
- ATA 058-2 Electrical Systems - Basic (lights)
- ATA 058-3 Electrical Systems - Basic (brakes)
- ATA 059-1 Computer Based Test Equipment - Basic
- ATA 059-2 Computer Based Test Equipment - Basic
- ATA 060-1 Braking System - Basic (disc)
- ATA 060-2 Braking System - Basic (drum)
- ATA 060-3 Braking System - Basic (parking)
- ATA 061-1 Vehicle Inspection
Days & Times
We run this course at various times and days throughout the year. Please call us on 0191 490 2246 for our latest start dates.