We deliver the advanced Apprenticeship in Sport specifically to meet the needs of your school to supplement your existing school sport workforce. It will also build on your capacity to deliver and develop further their school sport provision.
The apprentice will be based in school and attend our Academy for Sport campus two days per month so they can benefit from the world class sporting facilities available.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand how to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Support Assessment for Learning
- Plan a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Deliver a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Review the Delivery of a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
- Organise and Lead a Sports Event or Competition
- Preparing for the Mentoring Role
- Support Gifted and Talented Learners
- Facilitate Community Based Sport and Physical Activity
These units will provide the apprentices with the skills they need to support schools in designing programmes of study for physical education and provide them with an understanding of the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be working. They will gain nationally recognised qualifications which will enhance the quality of the existing school workforce and provide succession planning for the workforce of the future. In addition to planning and delivering activity sessions, the Advanced Apprenticeship programme will provide the apprentices with the skills to plan and deliver a school sports programme, and to organise events and competitions. This will allow schools to provide a high quality and motivating package of activities for their students.
Apprentices are allocated an assessor who supports them throughout their whole apprenticeship via in school assessments, 1:1 reviews, mentor meetings, advice and guidance.