This Level 2 apprenticeship will build the skills, knowledge and behaviours required in employees to enable them to be effective, high performing and reliable members of any retail team.
This programme has been designed by a range of employers from the retail industry, ensuring that it is applicable to any sector and builds the commonly shared skills required.
The apprenticeship comprises of on and off the job training either at college or at your premises, as appropriate. Within a minimum of 12 months an apprentice will cover knowledge components such as:
- Customer profile, vision, objectives and brand values
- Methods of communicating and how to support/ increase sales
- How to encourage loyalty and achieve repeat business
- Buying habits, brands, products and services
- Use of social media, digital and multichannel operations
- Recognise legislative responsibilities and how personal performance contributes to success
- How to minimise negative effects on the environment
The skills and behaviours that apprentices will develop throughout the programme include:
- Positively interact with customers and establish a good rapport
- Use a variety of customer sales techniques and uphold the brand and business expectations
- Optimise sales through effective product placement
- Maintain levels of stock to meet customer demand
- Comply with legal requirements to minimise risk
- Minimise the effect of work activities on the environment through managing wastage and loss
Apprentices will also complete essential maths and English skills during this programme.
Through an effective, ongoing review and evaluation process, employees’ skills, knowledge and behaviour will be assessed every two months. Practical observation, professional discussion, special projects and tasks will be conducted and completed to establish progress made. A reflective log will establish learning, understanding and application of skills within performance, on the job. A variety of methods will be used at the end to establish competency such as: independent assessment, an end test, a practical observation and a discussion between the learner and assessor.
The apprenticeship will take a minimum of 12 months to complete.
Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship.