This apprenticeship programme covers a wide range of professional roles in the hairdressing industry and embeds customer service skills, building an awareness of professionalism and a passion for the industry.
Your apprentice will be trained in professional values including:
- industry codes of practice and ethics,
- quality assurance systems,
- time management principles,
- commercially viable times for the completion of services.
Apprentices may be assessed on site for practical work and also visit college one day every two weeks for theory and practical work delivery and tests. Apprentices being assessed completely on site for practical work also visit college for half a day every 2 weeks for theory and practical work delivery and tests.
The core delivery will include:
- Fulfil reception duties
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
- Creatively style and dress
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Creatively colour and lighten hair
- Provide client consultation services
- Colour correction
- Develop enhance and evaluate your creative hairdressing skills
The development of this wide range of skills has been planned to ensure apprentices are skilled to meet the ever changing trends of the hairdressing industry, quickly becoming part of your professional team.
We support the apprentice through all aspects of the apprenticeship and have regular contact with employers including reviews every 8 to 10 weeks.
Apprentices are encouraged to complete functional skills qualifications to level 2.
Progression to advanced level is available.