This apprentice course covers a wide range of professional roles in the hairdressing industry.
The apprenticeship embeds customer service skills, building an awareness of professionalism and a passion for the industry.
The professional values developed within your apprentices will include:
- industry codes of practice and ethics
- quality assurance systems
- time management principles
- commercially viable times for the completion of services.
Apprentices may be assessed on site for practical work and will visit college one day every two weeks for theory and practical work delivery and tests.
The core delivery will include:
- Shampooing and conditioning.
- Cutting hair using a variety of techniques to create contemporary looks and styles.
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques.
- Colour and lighten hair using a variety of techniques.
- Other options include hair extension services, perming services, hair relaxing services.
We support the apprentice through all aspects of the apprenticeship and have regular contact with employers including reviews every 8 to 10 weeks.
Apprentices are encouraged to complete functional skills qualifications to level 2.
Progression opportunities to an advanced level exist to further develop skills and capability.