This Level 2 Apprenticeship has been designed with the help of employers to widen the pool of potential recruits into Community Arts and to give more opportunity to individuals to get their foot in the door of the Industry.
Intermediate Level Apprentices will train as Community Arts Administration Assistants, with skills development in:
- helping to organise and publicise events and exhibitions
- assisting with financial record keeping,
- customer care
- dealing with touring and resident groups bands/orchestras
- assisting with the management of the building and general office work including using a range of IT software.
- problem solving
- team working
- literacy, numeracy, ICT
Ideally your apprentice will have 5 GCSE grades A-D to include a communication subject, mathematics and a science or technical based subject (or ICT related qualification). Apprentices who have the appropriate GCSE grades or key skills may be exempt from completing Functional skills.
If some of your job roles require a DBS check, this will also apply to apprentices as well.
How is the Apprenticeship delivered and assessed?
The apprenticeship will include:
- A Competence Based Qualification in Community Arts Administration
- A Technical Certificate in the Principles of the Creative and Cultural Sector
- ICT Functional Skills Level 1.
A trainer/assessor will visit your apprentice in the workplace to assist in compiling a portfolio of evidence. The technical certificate is assessed by assignments / presentations and knowledge based tests whilst attending training days at Sage Gateshead. Functional Skills are assessed by examination and portfolio.
Your apprentice will be required to attend Sage Gateshead twice a month for the off the job training component of the apprenticeship. Functional Skills are delivered by Gateshead College staff at agreed times with yourself (usually at the start of the apprenticeship programme).
The duration of the apprenticeship programme is approximately 12 months.